Tuesday 31 December 2019

What was that all about then?

Well, wasn’t that something?

Together we’ve listened to 365 albums – that’s rather a lot. My rough calculation is that if you listened to all of the albums here, that’s about 346 hours, or about 14 and a half days’ worth (and that doesn’t include the indefinitely regenerating lofi hip hop radio - beats to relax/study to). And it’s quite a wide scope – there are albums from 98 countries, and from 1955 all the way to some of my favourites from 2019 (there were no albums from 1962, 1978, 1981 or 1985, apologies).

It was a lot of writing too. I’m not gonna lie, it’s been really difficult, but I have really enjoyed the experience as a whole. I rediscovered albums that I forgot I loved or why I loved them, I’ve given albums I’ve known for a long time a really deep listen that illuminated elements I’d never noticed before, I found out that some albums I had very fond memories of weren’t as great as I remembered.

But the important thing is: thanks for reading! Whether you’ve been reading religiously or just dipping in, I hope you’ve enjoyed listening to the music, and maybe even discovered some new albums or artists or musical styles that you’d never encountered before. And I hope that you’ve also, to some degree, enjoyed reading my various thoughts, opinions and general ramblings about music and other things. If you ever fancy recommending some Good album or other to a friend, feel free to direct them here!

So thank you very much. If nothing else, we can definitely agree: 2019 has certainly been a year. And now if you’re going to need something to read in the new year now that 365 Good Albums has finished, why not head over to my new blog for 2020: 366 Good Books!

No comments:

Post a Comment