Tuesday 1 January 2019

What's all this about then?

Welcome to 2019, and welcome to my new blog/experiment/past-time/playground sort of thing. Nice of you to drop by! As the title of the blog suggests, this is a place where I’ll (eventually) write about 365 good albums – the aim is to have one uploaded every day. A challenge!

Basically, I have a list of almost 365 albums here – allowing for some wildcards and new discoveries or releases throughout the year – and I’m going to pick a random one to write a little bit about every day. It could be a mini-review of an album, a hearty recommendation, and interesting titbit about the album or musicians, or maybe a little story explaining my personal connection to that album. So that’s your disclaimer: these aren’t ‘the best albums ever,’ and I’m not even going to claim they’re all great, but they are all good and definitely all worth a listen. There’s no order either, as there’s so much different stuff in there that an order would be basically arbitrary anyway.

So that’s it, really! Hopefully it will help you find some new and interesting things to take a listen to, or maybe even rediscover or re-evaluate ones that have passed you by. If you have any comments or thoughts, feel free to leave a comment, drop me a message on Twitter @jimhxn or an email at jim.hxn@gmail.com, I’d love to hear from you. So I guess, let’s get this party started – the first step on a big journey…

1 comment:

  1. Nice one Jim, enjoying watching you recommendations come on daily.
    You once told me that we don't often agree on the same acts but I'm with you so far but never got the Miles Davis thing.
    Keep it up.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete